Important Notice:
Come visit my personal website! You can find more about me there. All my profiles links to networking sites I'm in is on there (like Facebook and Twitter), and find what else I am up to besides building GameSquire: The Wonderful World of Gaming.
Dillon Flueck Personal Website

Friday, July 17, 2009

What are the Differences Between the Original PlayStation 2 and the PlayStation 2 Slimline?

I've got a Playstation 2 Slimline for last Christmas (2008), here now 7 months later, I thought to myself "What are the Differences Between the Original PlayStation 2 and the PlayStation 2 Slimline?". This post will explain what are the differences between the 2 PS2's.


At first glance, we all could tell
what are the differences between the 2 PS2's sizes
.





PlayStation 2 Original
1.) Has an expansion port for the hard drive add-on

2.) Internal power supply

3.) Ethernet port is a separate retail add-on.

4.) Louder than the Slimline.


PlayStation 2 Slimline (Slim for Short)
1.) Built in Ethernet port

2.) No expansion port for hard drive (and thus, no Final Fantasy XI, and other games that requires the hard drive)

3.) External power supply

4.) Some incompatibility issues reported in early models with PlayStation 1 games.

5.) Quieter than the original - and much smaller.

No comments:

Post a Comment